Call for international student assistants
At this pioneering, multi-hub, semi-virtual conference, our first priority is technology for live streaming. We need to ensure good audio quality, few delays, a comfortable situation for speakers, dynamic question periods, and so on. For this reason we are looking for international student support team members with a relevant technical qualification or equivalent experience.
Here is the deal. We are offering:
- free registration with conference bag (program etc.)
- free accommodation in a nearby student residence during the conference plus a few days before (courtesy of Sempre, UK)
- free food while on duty (conference lunches, coffee breaks, student support pizza, conference banquet)
- the chance to see a limited number of specific talks of your choice
- a certificate of attendance (or whatever documents are needed for course credits or similar)
You must hold:
- a current student ID
- a Bachelor-level qualification in an area like audio engineering, (music) information sciences, electroacoustic music/composition, digital audio arts, or something comparable (or equivalent experience)
Please send us a scan of each by email.
We are asking you to
- arrive in Graz on or before Thursday 19 July and depart on or after Sunday 29 July
- participate in conference preparation on Friday 20, Saturday 21 and Monday 23 July
- be available for 40 hours during the main part of conference, 24-28 July
Unfortunately, we cannot cover travel expenses. We recommend an Interrail pass because it is environmentally friendly and allows you to do some more travelling after the conference on the same ticket. Don’t forget that some trains (e.g. TGV, channel tunnel) should be reserved up to 2 months in advance.
We also welcome students without a technical qualification (of the kind listed above). The only difference is that we cannot cover your accommodation costs in your case. Accommodation in the local student dormitory for 19-29 July costs altogether 150 Euros for a single bed in a double room, 190 for a single room, or 225 for a single apartment. Registration is free for all student support team members (regardless of whether you are presenting your research at the conference).
If you are interested, please contact icmpc(at)uni-graz.at as soon as possible.